Sandyford Business District Innovation Summit 2022: Decarbonisation
The annual Sandyford Innovation Summit took place on Tuesday
27th and Wednesday 28th September 2022. The theme was “Decarbonisation” and its impact on businesses and the general public.
This year the 2-day event was staged in the newly renovated Pavilion at Leopardstown Racecourse. There was a live, conference element with presentations, firesides, and audience Q&A sessions.
There was also a significant exhibition element to proceedings, showcasing the best in sustainable transport options that are both currently available and in the pipeline.
Each day started with a practical demonstration of a last mile hub/mobility island concept (a pivotal part of SBD’s Project Green Plan), where visitors to the event got to sample ‘last mile green mobility’ first hand.
Attendees were asked to park in a designated car park over 1km from the event hall and use e-scooters, e-bikes and a ‘Green Bus’ provided by SBD to get to the venue.
The 2 day event also included test drives of EVs, e-bikes and e-scooters. The e-bike and e-scooter test rides took place on the road running alongside the race track itself
TUESDAY AM “The Benefits of an integrated and connected Mobility Hub”
TUESDAY PM “Multimodal
transport in a Net Zero Environment”
WEDNESDAY AM “The role of Technology in Decarbonisation”
WEDNESDAY PM “Future Energy Solutions”
Thanks to our wonderful moderators
- Moderator Lorraine Higgins Founder, Digital Business Ireland
- Darren Feisser ESB EBike Project Manager
- Hugh Cooney CEO Bleeper Bikes
- Robert Lynn Engineering Manager at Dublin Bus
- Charlie Gleeson Zipp Mobility
- Russell Vickers “CEO
- Future Mobility Ireland CEO Future Mobility Campus Ireland”
- Moderator Derek Reilly General Manager at Nevo.ie and Founder of the EV Review Ireland YouTube Channel.
- Fiona Brady Head of Operations & Public Affairs FreeNow
- Gerry Cash Gerry Cash, Commercial Director
- Jonny Hogan Business Manager - Hydrogen Mobility Ireland
- Andrew Fleury CEO & Founder Luna Systems
- Philip McAlese Co-founder and CEO of See.Sense
- Moderator Geraldine Herbert Motoring Editor of the Sunday Independent
- Mark Kane CEO 5Y ESG
- Dr. Conor Dowling Smart Sandyford
- Dr Marisa Ronan EMEA lead for Learning & Development at Microsoft Cloud Operations + Innovation
- Ben Churchill Chief Strategy Officer CoolPlanet.io
- Peter Russell Huwaei
- Les O’Reilly Managed Services Country Lead, HP Ireland.
- Moderator Dr. Cera Slevin Director at Climate Matters Ltd
- Chris Collins Country President Ireland, Schneider Electric
- Declan Barrett Co Founder and CCO at UrbanVolt
- Eddie Gough Eddie Gough, CEO POWERSUB.
- Tom Bean Innovation & New Products Director
- Derek Roddy Co Founder climate & energycloud.org
- Tracy O’Rourke CEO at Vivid Edge
and Derek Reilly who was also our MC over the 2 days
- Leopardstown Racecourse, HRI and Fitzers Catering
- Digital X Ireland and Sound AV
- Studio AVA
- All the transport companies who provided transport to and from the car park
to the event to help us showcase our mobility Island concept.
And finally thank you to Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and
all the businesses in Sandyford Business District for their continued support.