Recent submissions include:
- Dlr County Development Plan 2022-2028: Sandyford Business District developed and submitted an extensive and comprehensive Strategic Study & Action Plan as part of the consultation process and will continue to engage in the process to ensure the district’s future development has the appropriate planning guidelines for sustainable and imaginative development.
- Bus Connects: submission re the proposed redesign of the Dublin area bus network to provide new orbital routes, increased bus services and cycle lanes to provide a more efficient public transport network.
- Metrolink: Sandyford Business District commissioned Roughan & O’Donovan to produce a submission re the high-capacity, high-frequency 19 kilometre rail line running from Swords to Charlemont linking Dublin Airport, Irish Rail, Dublin Bus, Dart and Luas services.
- Luas: Sandyford Business District has lobbied for increased capacity on this strategic public transport system for the area. NTA responded that the government confirmed an increase in the capacity of the current trams by extending the length from 43m to 54.7m and adding an additional eight trams.
- Cycle Survey: Sandyford Business District submitted a report in response to the Dlr Cycle Survey to improve the quality and connectivity of current cycle routes within the district.
- Stillorgan Reservoir: a strong campaign was created to lobby Irish Water to provide a public park for the local community on the 15-acre site. A major project is currently underway to drain the Gray Reservoir and construct a new covered reservoir. The Upper and Lower Reservoirs, once drained and decommissioned, will be reserved for future water services facilities and landscaped as a ‘visual amenity’. Sandyford Business District continues to lobby for access to this key amenity for residents in the district and the surrounding areas – approximately 45,000 residents and 25,000 employees.