Temporary COVID-19 Street Furniture Licence
DRL County Council understands that there is a need to re-imagine the streetscape in the country in order to accommodate retailers where queuing occurs outside their shops or to facilitate cafes to re-open by providing extra space for tables and chairs so that everyone can safely enjoy our towns, villages and streets as COVID-19 restrictions are gradually eased.
The Council will consider requests for the temporary use of public space on a street by street basis, subject to the suitability of the location. Public and Pedestrian safety will be key criteria in assessing any such requests.
Businesses will need to apply for a temporary street furniture licence to use public space for extra seating, and demonstrate they have public liability insurance to cover the use of street furniture on any public space or footpath.
No fee applies to applicants for temporary street furniture licences which will only be valid until the 31st of December 2020.
You can download the Application Form here.
- Easing of Restrictions for June and July June 02
- Government Outlines Changes To Covid Support Schemes October 21
- New Voluntary Code of Conduct Between Landlords and Business Representatives for Commercial Renters. October 06
- Further Extension Of Suspension Of Redundancy Provisions September 21
- Living With COVID-19 - 5 Stage Plan September 21
- €2 billion COVID-19 Credit Guarantee Scheme opens for applications September 09
- Government’s new Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme September 07
- New COVID-19 Business Loan Scheme announced by MFI September 03
- COVID-19 Online Retail Scheme August 31
- New Public Health Measures August 19
- Restart Grant Plus Information August 13
- An overview of the Government’s July Stimulus Plan July 28
- COVID-19 Street Furniture Grant Scheme July 09
- Pandemic Unemployment Payment Changes July 07
- Temporary COVID-19 Street Furniture Licence June 29
- Restart Grant Information June 15
- Sandyford Business District Guidance for re-opening of Phase 2 June 08
- National Return to Work Safely Protocol May 11
- Overview of Reopening Phases May 05
- Roadmap For Reopening Society And Business May 05
- Draft Document between Fine Gael & Fianna Fáil re: Government Formation April 20
- Changes to the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme April 17
- Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council and COVID-19 April 14
- The Emergency Measures In The Public Interest (COVID -19) Act 2020 April 14
- Information for Employers during COVID-19 April 14
- General Advice for Employees during COVID-19 March 24
- General Advice for Businesses during COVID -19 March 24
- COVID-19 Financial Supports March 20
- Sandyford Business District Service Continuity - COVID-19 March 13